Sunday, September 14, 2014

Slow, but Steady

I got this yarn a while back--it's the start of my Christmas knitting.  I'm making socks for the family.  It's no surprise, like I wanted it to be, but when you ask people if you can measure their feet and what colors they want, it kind of screws up the surprise.

I bought the yarn from Simply Socks Yarn Company and I threw in a skein for myself.  Even better? I got a free bag for ordering for their new website.


Also, I've been trying to find the right colors to make a John Adams Rebels hat.  I finally found all three colors in the same yarn and weight after trolling the shelves for ages.  Once I complete the two WIP's I'm working on, I'll get started.  I'm going to make another modicum hat, this time with 3 instead of 12 colors.


I finished my Meadow Stripes socks last night while watching 4 episodes of Luther. Sad the show was not renewed because I love me some Idris Elba.  These socks are going to be super warm and it's actually cold enough to wear them here in Cleveland...


And here's pair number 24--Martian Rainbow by Must Stash Yarns.  Working up rather nicely.  I do,love rainbow stripes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment