Monday, September 22, 2014

The Wool Gathering, Yellow Springs, Ohio

Made an escape this past weekend to Columbus, Ohio. It was a chance to get away from life (my new washer and dryer still haven't been delivered, personal issues, as well as starting to feel burned out...).

Mom and I made our way to the Wool Gathering at Young's Jersey Dairy.  It is a large fiber and yarn festival.  We got a chance to see fluffy alpacas.

I found awesome yarn from Fibreworks yarn store from Dayton.  Hot pink madelinetosh AND two awesome Opal sock yarns!  Mom scored two beautiful skeins of yarn from Fiber Optics Yarn and a Zauberball from Fiberworks.


Then on Sunday we popped into Joann's and I found threes three lovely color ways. Dad informed me that I'm making so many pairs mod socks that I will never wear them all--I should sell them.  Bah! I have socks to last me into retirement and I love making them, so I choose to ignore him.


And as the weekend drew to a close and in was headed north to Cleveland, I decided that I needed to hit my favorite fast food place (Noodles & Co) to score myself an awesome lunch.


It was an awesome weeknd.  I got to forget about being a grown up for a bit and I got to hang out with my parents.  Of course, now I'm back home and there's laundry to do and chores to do and all that, but I do have lovely yarn to remind me of a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment