Thursday, May 22, 2014

May Madness

In the past, May has always been the month I feel I lose control of everything and just hang on until the last day of school.  This year, it's been crazy, but in a much better way.  First of all, I'm not freaking out trying to finish a million reports and get tons of signatures on paperwork.  

So, here's a little of how the past week shaped up.

I found this awesome series on netflix called "Longmire."  Man is he a hunk.

I taught Imari and Danejah how to knit today.


I watched my student who is on house arrest completely freak out over rubber band bracelets.


I've continued to knit socks


I am doing cabled socks that are a pain in the butt.


And I'm getting ready to enter the Stash Dash 5K.  5468 yards of yarn knit in 10 weeks.  These socks will be my first entry at 207 yards when I sew the toe closed in the morning.  Technically, not cheating, but still cheating.  Stash Dash runs from May 23rd to some day in August.  You knit entirely from your stash.  If I wanted to just knit socks, I will have to make 22 pairs of socks.  Crazy, right?  I'm still going to give it a go.  I failed last year when that damn Color Affection ruined my life.  (LOL)


And luckily, these four beauties arrived on Tuesday so they count for Stash Dash!!


No comments:

Post a Comment