Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I Smell Summer

One of the best parts of teaching is (obviously) summer vacation. On Friday, I will be released into the wild for 9 weeks.  I usually have a plan in place, but this year I'm in limbo.  I am not doing camp loopy this year because it was aggravating last year.  And expensive.  So this year, I'm only doing the Stash Dash 5K. 5468 yards knitted in 10 weeks.  That works out to 22 pairs of socks.  I better get moving!!

Here's my Yarnbox yarn for May. It is from Cherry Tree Hill and it is called Cider House.  820 yards of loveliness.  I may need a shawl out of this....

Here's my latest pair of socks half finished.  These came together pretty quick.  Probably because I love rainbows and skinny stripes.


And here is my first pair of cabled socks coming along quite nicely.  They are called Firefly and the pattern is from the book Knitters Book of Socks. I originally used a pair of needles that were sharp.  I thought that would be good for this pattern. But I found I hated working on them because my fingertips hurt.  Friday, I got a new pair of Addi Turbos and since then these socks have been flying!  I turned the heel tonight and have a good portion of the foot going.  These are going to look awesome!!


And as an added bonus, Netflix released season 2 of Longmire yesterday so I've been enjoying some one on one time with Walt.  😍

No comments:

Post a Comment