Saturday, March 15, 2014

3446 Yards of Joy

So, as predicted, I finished my Winter Pastel socks today.  I always screw up the finish, but no one really knows unless my shoes are off.  My left sock is 6 rows longer.  Phft! I entered them in a contest on ravelry.  If they are "chosen randomly" I get a yarn prize from Desert Vista Dyeworks. Cross your fingers for me!  


I started *another* hat! as Andrew likes to say.  My favorite hat to wear is the Sweetie Pie Hat by Jen from PurlSoho in NYC. I did the original in dark blue Malabrigo Rastita and it is so lovely.  I decided to make another one in red (Jupiter) from the leftover Rastita I used to make my hitchhiker this past summer.  It is just a lovely, so far.  I finished the ribbing this evening and will commence the body tomorrow.


And do you remember my battle to score this yarn?  It's Moondance by Lollipop Yarns.  I stalked it for weeks and finally was able to get one.  It is the color way for the next pair of socks I'm doing.  Yum!


And as the title suggests, I have my current total of yards knit for 2014--so far! 
3446 yards, baby!  The nerd in me wants to know how much yarn yardage I have in my stash, but I'll calculate that at another time.  I'm off to play Township on my iPad!


No comments:

Post a Comment