Friday, February 28, 2014

Ending February with Two New Concepts

This is my Desert Vista Dyeworks Winter Pastel socks.  Today, I forced myself to sit down and work out how to do a different heel.  This heel is the Fish Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist.  It uses short rows, twin stitches, and has no gusset or heel flap.  The big stripes of red and blue is where the heel turns.  I made a couple errors, but nothing major.  And I'm happy to report that they fit my feet!


The item you see blocking is the Lunule. It is a shawl designed for super bulky yarn.  It is by Taiga Hilliard and I'm waiting to see how I like it once it is dry.  It's not long enough, I can tell, but it'll keep my neck warm.  I used Hometown USA yarn and a size 17 circular needle. It calls for a 19, so I already know my gauge is off.  No worries, some one will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment