Thursday, October 2, 2014

Slow progress and Christmas gifts

Decided to make Juanita's Christmas gift this year.  (Mother in law). She mentioned she wanted to find a good pattern for a shawl to keep her warm in church, so I thought it would be easy to whip one up for her.  This is the Sunset Shawl by Moogly.  I'm using a red heart boutique acrylic so she can wash it and get lots of wear out of it.

Here's the start...

I'm working (still) on Dad's sock.  More boring stripes.  Argh.  


I'm still working on my Regia Stripemania socks in the Lake colorway.  Another slow go-er, but only because I'm distracted by the other WIPs.


On my day off I worked on a pointless, yet cure craft making chains out of straws.  It is fun to work on and I'm considering making another chain in Christmas colors for my new skinny tree.  I got this idea off Pinterest and I've been trying for ages to find the striped straws.  I finally found them at Target (of course!)


I'm still working on the striped hat, but it's tucked safely in my car.  I work on it at traffic lights (don't judge me) because I sit for ages on my way home each day in construction.  Hope you're doing great. The weekend is almost here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment