Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Day After

So, I was completely lazt this past weekend.  I slept until 3pm on Saturday and then I watched all of season 11 of NCIS Saturday and Sunday. Then I found an app to make an avatar of myself. Pretty close, I think.  Andrew says the skin is too dark. He's right, dang it.

 

I finished these lovely socks in the car on the way to a cookout in Columbus on Labor Day! Pair 22 is finished. And I think I might be getting sick of socks.  Actually, I just hated how wide the stripes were on these.  Most stripes are 4 or five rows, these are 10. And 10 rows of black makes me want to cry. Soooo boring.


Today was a long day filled with too many noisy kids and no breaks because I covered a class for a friend.  The money will be good, though.  Anyhoooo, I got sidetracked as I tend to do from time to time.  These 2 lovely skeins of rainbows came to me today.  I am completely in love.  As for the 3rd skein I ordered (way before these 2) it still is not here.  I think she may have lost it because she created a shipping label on August 18.  I sent a note asking where is was last Wednesday.  She found it and dropped it in the mail the next day. I dropped another note yesterday and she said it was in a mix up and it mailed Sunday.  Let me just say I don't really believe her because.  I check the tracking number every day and it still hasn't been dropped off anywhere in the vicinity of her home.  She refunded my shipping costs, but I'm starting to lose faith.  I'll never buy from her again unfortunately.  

I have this little quirk about being lied to. Andrew says I'm bourgeois. I say I'm a seasoned veteran of life. I hate tv shows based on a lie (Remington Steele, Three's Company) and I hate books where the protagonist lies in the beginning and the whole book is about covering up the lie.  Don't lie to me.  I. Hate. That. 


Having said that, I love these two yarns.  They are absolutely magical.  And these 2 dyers are fantastic.  Julianna's Fibre and The Lemonade Shop are two awesome dyers on etsy.

Aaaaaannnnnd, here's Andrew's avatar.  He says it looks nothing like him because he has small ears.  Whatever.  This is still much better than the pipe cleaner Andrew I made years ago and still keep on my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment