Thursday, June 19, 2014

Knit Night!


So, I finically finished my Firefly socks and they are very beautiful!  I will never be making another pair, so these babies better last forever! 


I started 3 projects yesterday, since all of my other projects were complete.  I'm very proud of myself for going 12 hours without any works on my needles.  And then, I go all crazy and start 3.  I'm going to confess something...  I frogged the bridger cowl.  It was too small.  And I was so happy that it was too small so I can make a shawl out of that beautiful yarn.

These two skeins are my newest socks.  Russian Rainbow and Spring Forward.  They are utterly fabulous so far.  I'll show pictures in my next post when I can take the picture outside...  The rainbow socks are self striping so I'm making plain socks.  The Spring Forward pattern is kind of swirly and I'm using Destination Yarns "Cleveland Spring" colorway.  Yay for Cleveland socks!!


Since the break up with my BFF, I've been struggling with myself.  Questioning why I can't seem to make GOOD friends-- why they always seem to put unrealistic expectations on me. Andrew says it's because I have nothing in common with them.  He's right--he generally is.  He told me to go out and make new friends--but not at the yarn store.  Ha!  Where else to make good friends?  With people I have something in common with!  I know he said that because he didn't want me buying yarn because when I told him I was going he was cool with it. "Get out of that little room and go meet people!" So tonight, I drove to Lakewood and plopped myself down at the community knitting table at my LYS and knit for 2 hours with some nice ladies. And next week, I'm going again.  (The hardest part was the initial meeting and hoping they would like me,  Laura said, "How could you not be nice?  You knit!"



No comments:

Post a Comment