Saturday, June 7, 2014

Getting Back on Track

So, my yarnbox subscription was a bust.  Out of the 6 shipments, I only really loved 1. So, I've been exchanging and selling the ones I don't like.  These sales allowed me to purchase this beautiful yarn below.  What makes it beautiful?  School. Colors. Self. Striping. Sock. Yarn. Ok, it's actually Harry Potter colors, but who cares?

Today, I finished one pair of the 3 I have working.  These are Kroy in Sing'N the Blues and they are lovely.  209 yards puts me at 663 total yards for stash dash. 


And this lovely spiral of yarny goodness is the Plumeria Frill I fell in love with at the Great Lakes Fiber Festival.  I'm finally on row 5--only 12 more to go.  Gosh, I love crochet. Quick!


And this week I started walking a mile everyday with my neighbor Alice.  As a result, when I get home, these two insist on their walk, too.  So, I get 1.5 miles in each day.  One walk is nice, one is fast and quick and full of dragging! The nice part is that it gets Alice out of the house and gives her a chance to talk instead of listening all the time.  We've gotten closer and the husbands are now thick as thieves.  We spend a lot of time sitting on their porch picking on each other and it's very nice.  I don't really have any friends so it's nice to get to spend time with someone as nice as her.

No comments:

Post a Comment