Sunday, May 4, 2014

Solutions

So, I can't find my 9" circular needle I use to cast on my socks.  I've looked everywhere (except work).  I'm a little bit upset because that sucker wasn't cheap.  Anyway, I wanted to cast on another sock today and tried a stretchy cast on.  Well, it wasn't stretchy enough, so I tried something I heard one of the YouTube people say and I cast on using two needles.  Oh yes!  It works great!  Once all the stitches are cast on, pull out the extra needle and off you go!


I was able to get started on my Mean Green Stripes socks today and now I have 2 pairs going at the same time which seems to be good for me.


Here's the Opal socks I started last week.  The kids say this yarn is ugly.  What. Ever. Haters. 


And for the record, I'm not all that hip with knitting with beads.  I cast on the Twilight necklace 3 times today and messed it up each time.  Even when I thought it was looking great, it wasn't. So, I frogged it leaving the beads on the thread for a summer day when I have nothing to do but concentrate on bead placement and tension and and that mess....  And I probably needed a smaller needle. 🌷

No comments:

Post a Comment