Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Birthday

So, this year we have cut back our spending voluntarily and now out of necessity.  As a result, my birthday week is pretty tame.  I usually plan the whole week out and buy myself gifts I know no one else will buy me.  Dinner out a couple of times to collect my free birthday meals or desserts.  This year, nada.  No big deal, actually, because as a result of our decision we've realized that so much of what we bought was wasteful and unneeded. His unemployment is at times worrisome. (I find that I tend to sacrifice things for myself so that he can have things because I know how hard it is for him to be out of work.  He'll says to me, "Get it if you want it". But I always talk myself out of it.) I still buy yarn occasionally, but only with money I make off the stuff I sell on eBay.  As for everything else....

So, Baldwin and I are coping.  LOL.  Ok, Baldwin's not very happy, but that's just how he is.  He's a man.


I may, however, buy myself a new pair of Converse because I NEED them.  I may even bling them out and call them my "happy chucks" and I'll only wear them on special days!  Rhinestones, studs, or sequins?

No comments:

Post a Comment