Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thankful for Thursday

One more day of work this week. I'm now 25 days away from summer vacation--and I'm pretty psyched. It's been a great school year and I'm happy to close out a year on a good note.

Also........more time for socks.  Here's the latest pair of pairs...

Regia 4-ply in Clown Stripes. I don't really like the yarn against my fingers.  Wool vs. superwash wool--no brainer. BUT, they'll be pretty awesome next winter so I forge onwards.

And to make things worse? My second pair of socks is in Regia 4-ply, also.  Not as scratchy, but not silky, either.  The good things about these socks is the awesome pattern--Kandahar by Alice Yu in her Socktopus book.  Love the twisty lines and the lace work isn't so bad.  I can manage 16 rows pretty swiftly, so they may take longer, but they aren't tedious to knit.  Not the best pick of yarn to pattern, but it's still working out nicely.


AND? I moved all my yarn to the big bookcase today.  Love it!  The small bookcase is about to meet a new room in the house and the craft room is about to have room for a bigger chair!!!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment