Friday, April 4, 2014

Stashbust? Um, no.

Ok, so perhaps I've failed a teeny tiny bit on the "don't buy any yarn this year" front.  There was the yarn mom bought me, the Playstation4 retaliation yarns, and now the craftshow proceeds yarn.

Here's the final retaliation yarn--Kroy Sporty Stripes.  So lovely in person.

And here's the first craft show proceeds yarn--Dancing Dog Dyeworks, I can't remember the color, but it has "Summer" in the name and I'm too lazy to get up and go look.


My students are continually asking me why I knit socks when I can go buy them.  Then they see the finished sock and ask me if they can have it.  Ha!  I also had a coworker jokingly tell me how selfish I was to only knit socks for myself.  I told him, "After all these years of knitting and crocheting for others, I've decided to make myself nice things.  I used to want people to make things for me and I finally decided to take a class and learn.  And everyone else can go do the same.  These socks are mine, pal."  He laughed and said, "I like that in you."  


No comments:

Post a Comment