Saturday, April 5, 2014

Knitters Fantasy in Youngstown, Ohio

So, today was a knitters festival in Youngstown.  I've gone for 3 years straight.  You can take classes, swap yarn or patterns, participate in a fashion show, hang out with lots of knitters and of course, buy lots of yarn...

With my self imposed monetary limits, I managed to only buy these 2 things.  Not bad!  I had told myself to only buy yarn for projects in my ravelry queue.  I was not allowing myself to buy yarn because it was pretty and then sit in my stash basket waiting for inspiration to strike.

So, I got myself some #2 needles for "Monkey" socks by Cookie A (they require 64 stitches and my usual socks are 56 so I had to get smaller needles, etc....). And some Opal sock yarn that I've been dying to try. 


But, the best part of the day was hanging out with mom.  It's nice to hang out with someone you actually like to hang out with--in past years I did not exactly have a great time, but I always got great yarn.  This year, I got both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment