Sunday, April 27, 2014

Magic Loop

I took a class today to learn the Magic Loop technique.  This is a technique that allows you to knit socks in the round without using DPNs. It will also allow for knitting two socks at the same time on one needle, but that's a few months down the road....

Here's my little swatch I that I did.  I then came home and frogged it.

Why?  Well, because I learned the technique so I could finally make monsters.  Here's the first leg that I did wrong, but I love!  So I started over.  Again.  The monster starts on DPNs, which is kinda tricky, but I'm sure no one cares how the bottom of his feet look.


Here's the guy with two,legs transitioning to the magic loop.  His name is Baldwin the Bathroom Monster by Rebecca Danger.  I got through 4 rows and he's looking pretty good.   He might actually get finished tomorrow because now that I get the concept, I'm moving pretty fast.  And I get to use up scraps without using new skeins.

No comments:

Post a Comment