Saturday, March 8, 2014

Happy Saturday!

Well.....  I finished Zuzu's Petals today.  I don't like the way it blocked, so it is currently "reblocking" on the mats.  It doesn't lay very nicely, so I'm trying to block it lengthwise instead of widthwise.  We shall see in the morning!  That being said, I love this cowl.  I love the yarn, I love the pattern, I love it all!  My next one will use a real gradient yarn that is worsted weight.  Yum!!


I always put the leftover yarn from a project into a bin.  I save them all for no real reason other than if I need a small amount to try a new technique or if I'm teaching someone to knit and I don't want them to use one of my full skeins.  Having said that, I came across an article on Buzzfeed about what creative things you can do with your yarn scraps.  I decided to take the leftovers from all my favorite yarns or projects and I put them in a vase that I've had sitting around.  Gives a little pop of color and also makes me happy to remember all the cool things I've made without dragging them out.


And I have the perfect spot for it!  Next to my colorful knitting needles from my "grandma" Flo and my Festival Glass candy dish that my mom gave me that was her mother's--my real grandma.  And after this picture was taken, I put up the paperweight my dad gave me that used to sit on his desk.  A lot of awesome memories for one corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment