Saturday, March 29, 2014

Final Craft Show for Me...

For years, I've done craft shows.  I work my butt off for weeks trying to get together items I think people will buy.  I spent countless hours crafting and countless trips to the store for even more stuff in case I don't have enough. Well, I've had enough. Don't get me wrong--I love craft shows and I love craft show people--but the time has come to hang up my crafting...

Today, mom and I exhibited at a community center in Willoughby Hills, Ohio. It was a pretty good day.  We didn't charge more than $10 for anything--except a shrug for $20.  

We both came home lighter.  We even donated a bunch of stuff to a charity--which helped lessen the load to bring home.  My headbands--didn't sell.  My ribbon necklaces--didn't sell.  My painted glasses and coasters--didn't sell.  Oh well.  At least I got to spend the day with my mom--AND the money I did make will be the money I spend next weekend at a Knitters Fantasy in Youngstown. Not bad!


So what do I do with all the leftovers? Well, everything fits in one bin and it all fits in my closet.  Someone always is having a birthday or some such thing--they get my goods.  I save money on the gift and I don't care if they like it or not--they're probably lucky I gave them anything! 

And this snow that was falling on my way home (and is still falling hours later)? That is God getting me back for being a cheapskate with your next present.

No comments:

Post a Comment