Monday, February 17, 2014

Grim Discovery



I wish I had this sign.  I wish I had a maid.  I wish I had an accountant.  I wish I didn't have to work.  I know, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster, right?  

Why so glum, you ask? I was sorting through my yarn stash today and discovered the stash is not going down very fast.  At all.  I mean, sure, it's plugging along, but I will never ever knit through my stash this year which means I may have to carry over this resolution into next year.  

"It's only February!  Take a chill pill, Michele!"  I knit so very slowly.  And I have so much freaking sock yarn that it's insane.  And I know compared to many yarn people out there, my stash isn't worth a second glance.  I only have one bookcase of yarn.  BUT, I have to work, manage my home, and keep us all afloat.  I vacuumed the entire house and did all the laundry and was ticked off that it cut into my knitting time.  What the heck is wrong with me? 

This Trillian shawl is killing me.  I'm at 5 feet in length and it's supposed to be 6.5 feet long.  I have 126 rows of the 191 rows complete.  I WILL knit all 191 rows, but next month, only 1 big project for the month.  Too much stress.  

Who cares?  No one but me.  I'm a goal setter.  But only for myself. 1 pair of socks per month--doable. 1 shawl per month--doable.  This month's list had 2 shawls, a cape, 2 hats and 1 pair of socks on the list.  And 10 squares on a afghan.  And then I agreed to make a hat for my boss.  (In the shortest month of the year, no less)

So tomorrow, perhaps I'll get a snow day (it's yucky outside as I type).  If I do--I'll do my taxes, mail my packages, list my stuff on eBay and then devote the rest of the day to my Trillian.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment