Monday, July 7, 2014

July

July is usually busy and hot.  So far (7 days in) it's pretty mellow.  I've started 2 pairs of socks and a shawl.  I've also decided to get working on my summer craft list.

I've been in this weird mood lately where I don't like anything I knit.  These guys are debate-able.  I have a love affair with variegated yarn, but then when I transfer that love to socks, I get weird spirals that irritate me.  I'm going to finish these socks--NO MATTER WHAT.  And I will love them.  I hope.

These are my Monkey Socks by Cookie A.  I've gotten to that point where I like lacework in my socks.  I guess the firefly socks broke me in.  These guys are going faster than the ones above. Go figure. I'm on the 3rd repeat of the pattern. I should be at the heel tomorrow...


This is the Ripples shawl.  It uses short rows and a yarn I just had to have. I'm on the fifth petal and I like the pattern.  I'm questioning the choice of yarn, though.  But I told myself very sternly this evening that I'm going to finish it in this yarn and if I don't like it, someone else will.  And my reward for finishing it will be 2 skeins of madelinetosh sock yarn in Button Jar Blue so I can make it again.


Found this lovely craft on craftgawker....


....so I took 3 of my infinity scarves I had that never sold and I cut them into 6"x1" strips and got to work!  It's going to look awesome in my craft room!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment