Thursday, March 6, 2014

Stashbust 2014

My resolution is still holding.  I'm still working strictly from my yarn stash. But let me tell you this, honey--there's this yarn from Turtlepurl Yarns in Canada that is making me weak!  Burberry striped yarn for socks.  Tears come to my eyes with it's loveliness.  I have resorted to begging Andrew to buy it for me, but he has such willpower.  I'm going to keep working on him, though.  Eventually, there will be something he wants and I'll negotiate for the yarn.



Sigh.

I got a little sidetracked for a minute.  Sorry about that.

Back to the stash...

I found this lovely pattern today on Pinterest.  The Harmony Cloche. It is totally awesome and I'm making that pattern mine.  It will be just as lovely as my Lucy Hat and I have the perfect madelinetosh vintage in "Whiskers". A light grey that is super squishy.  Yum!


I've had 3 skeins of madelinetosh DK in "Cathedral" for a very long time.  This shawl is called "Mara" and calls for 3 skeins of madelinetosh DK!  Win win win!  And the pattern is free!  It's amazing to me that once I made the decision to work from stash how the perfect patterns have floated to the surface.  This is definitely one of those.  I'm almost sad winter is almost over.  But I'll rock it anyway!



1 comment:

  1. I'm working on the Mara shawl right now! Great minds think alike!!!

    ReplyDelete