Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mental Health Day

I had one of those days on Monday where I became filled with anger.  I don't know why.  I don't know what set it off.  I was a time bomb. I did not lash out at anyone, I remained contained.  So,when I woke at 4 this morning still steaming about nothing I decided I needed a day.

So, I knit.  I sat in my craft room watching Kojak and knitting.  I got 7 points on my hitchhiker completed. I cleared out three of my craft room bins of shit that's been sitting there "just in case." I have a giant bag full of these items and no one seems to want them.  I'll package them for a yard sale and if they don't go then, they get pitched.

My ball of yarn noticeably diminished.  I feel renewed, lifted, and ready to try again tomorrow. Cleaning out spaces does this to me.  I honestly don't know how hoarders live with all the weight of their crap on them. My husband is a hoarder of sorts. I honestly don't understand keeping things for years even after they have no use.  BUT, I give him his spaces and I close the doors and I avoid the clutter.


Andrew had a rough day today, too. He'll never admit it, but he's about to come unglued too. He's trying to find work and having no luck.  But I looked up from my knitting to see this, so maybe he's coping better than I think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment