Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lately....

I know how to do lots of things.  But something I always loved, but now never get a chance to do is work with wood.  Shop was one of my favorite classes in junior high.  I enjoyed the drawings, planning, cutting and assembly.  It gave me a real sense of accomplishment.


I have two uncles who are incredible carpenters.  One no longer creates and one lives a bit too far away.  But one day, I want some real wood working equipment.  Power saws, work bench, clamps, vices.  I want to create. Cool little things for my house that would make life easier.  


I have cut shelving and hung shelves in odd spaces to make more room for all the stuff we seem to accumulate.  But these little things here would add little whimsical touches, but provide much needed space.


And these things wouldn't require a lot of space, but would create space where there is none.


But truthfully, I don't want to share my tools with Andrew, so I'll continue to knit for now...  I know that seems selfish, and it is on one level--on the other level--he's not always careful and he never puts things back/away.  I secretly have my own tool box because he has over 50 screwdrivers that I can never find.  But I know where mine are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment