Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/5/12

Today, I created a better me. How? I stood up for myself. And that's better than anything else I could have done today. I've been having a rough go of it lately. Found out today that my boss never even read my witness statement about my assault. She was denying the removal of the children who harmed me.

As she flipped the papers at me, I picked them up and got ready to walk out. I turned and said, "I'm very upset that you lied to me. I was assaulted and I was hysterical. I'm NEVER hysterical and you know this. You took the papers and told me not to worry because you would take care of everything. I trusted you to at least take the time to read my statement and you have failed me."

She took the papers back and finally read the whole document. And then she says, "Forgive me. You're absolutely right, I failed you."

At one point, she said, "Why did you take so long to put in the assault paperwork?" I replied, "Because I trusted you when you said you would take care of everything. Why did you take so long to read my witness statement?" "Touché," she answered.

Sent from Michele's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment