Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3/7/12

Today, I took time for myself. I did my taxes, laid diagonally across the bed and watched the trees, knitted a bit on the cowl, and sat in the porch swing enjoying the quiet. I've been reading a lot of articles about the need for silence in order to be healthy. It is so so so true. My favorite part of day is after school right after the dogs come in from going out. I spend my time going through mail, putting things away, organizing a space, fixing the bedspread and sitting in the silent house. I purposely think about nothing important. It is my time to heal and renew from a stressful day at work. As I get older, I value absolute silence more and more. I often dream of a little house or shed in a garden in the middle of nowhere. My ideal space. I could read, knit, sleep, or just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment