Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Resolution Guidelines

As most of you know, my New Year's Resolution is to quit buying yarn until I've used the considerable amount already in my stash. Here are the rules:

1. Friends and relatives cannot buy me yarn no matter how mean I become.
2. If someone wants a special order, they must purchase the yarn.
3. When a project is done, that yarn is considered "used" and goes into the scrap bin or the stash bin at work.
4. Yarn that people give me because they have "destashed" does not count because I did not buy it. (Yes, there is a difference. Mom just gave me 6 skeins of wool, they do not count because I didn't beg her for them. She graciously decided to give them to me because she no longer wanted them.)
5. Yarn CAN be sold or traded or given away if I have no use for it or desire to use it. NOT just so I can empty my bins to go buy more!!
6. All yarn posted on my ravelry stash page are the yarns I must use before I buy more. Effective date is 1/1/12. You may monitor it closely. I will be entering my entire stash this week.
7. The Noro Daria yarn does not count. Plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment