Wednesday, November 2, 2011

HPKCHC

I've decided I may not have the patience for the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup. Can't quite figure out where to find my points, how many points I got, if I got a badge, where te badge is if I got it, how to get sorted, and all that crazy shit. I have so many freakin' projects running I can't quite keep them all straight. I only got 3 things completed last month and I have no idea what I can possible start and finish in the month of November.

Yes, I'm whining. Can't even bring myself to follow my own advice of "Man Up!"

AND, if I don't stop buying yarn and finding new patterns, I'm never going to escape this hobby alive.

Found 3 new ones today and I must be insane. Actually, I am insane.

This job/career/gig I have wipes me out. I'm emotionally and physically drained by the time I get home. Then I look at all these WIP's and I want to smack myself. Too wound up to focus, to tired to complete, too pissed off to settle down. And now the hobby I love is starting to feel like a chore because everyone has made "requests." I started saying no a longtime ago, but I'm still bogged down. So what do I do? I waste a perfectly expensive yarn on a hat I'll probably never wear.

Here it is 8:30 and I'm too tired to even sit upright. I'll try again tomorrow.

(But I did knit today!!! Just not enough to get anywhere.)

2 comments:

  1. I will help you with the HPKCHC. The problem right now is that you are a NQFY. There is a list in every house that is updated the middle of every month with your points. People just tend to keep track of their own. If you get a badge, it is usually shown at the beginning of the thread. Then you just "take" the photo once you earn it. You can put it on your rav profile or wherever you want. Most often, I put my badges and chocolate frog cards in the pics of the project I earned them with. Sorting happens once a term. They will probably sort in December some time. I will let you know. You should join the slytherin group. It's much easier to keep track that way. Mostly I just check the Seventh Floor (Gryff group) for everything, and only go to HPKCHC to post homework and quidditch. Otherwise you will be overwhelmed. Also, the Headmistress Challenge is up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope the scarves you are making for your dad and I are not part of the stress you are adding to yourself. That is the last thing you need to worry about. If you needed other yarn from that lady, I could have gone and picked it up for you. She is very close to us. Please do NOT worry about ours. See you Sunday. Love you, baby..

    ReplyDelete