Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 21, 2011

I'll start off this post by saying Happy Birthday to my favorite cousin, David.  We grew up together and he tolerates my nerdiness and encourages my craftiness.  He is so awesome he is sending me yarn from a nearby alpaca farm! (And I'm going to make him a hat he will never need because he lives in El Paso.)

As you know I have been doing the Yarn Discovery Tour here in Northeast Ohio.  I've spent WAY TOO MUCH loot on yarn and Andrew is considering an intervention.  It's gotten so bad that while we were at Barnes and Noble last night, I found a comfy chair to knit in while he looked for magazines.  As he strolls up to me all I hear him say is, "Really? (long pause) Really?"

Yes, Dear, Really.  At least I'm not shooting intraveinous drugs in public!

And here's the book I purchased!  I'm so totally stoked about starting my first monster.  I had to make a deal with myself, out loud or it doesn't count.  I have to finish my easy drop stitch scarf and my multidirectional scarf and my falling water scarf before I can touch the ever so lovely and silky CascadeFarms Pacific I purchased for this project.


So, I'm rushing home from work to finish the drop stitch scarf before dinner!!  Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment