Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17, 2011

This is my flower garland that I made in January. The permanent glue
dots I used to glue them to sage colored grosgrain ribbon proved to
not be permanent at all. This past weekend the flowers continued to
fall to the ground where Tess was sure to find and eat them if left
unnoticed.

So, today I had a bright idea to take down the garland, peel off the
flowers, and find another way to hang them. I came up with punching
holes in the back layer of each flower and then stringing them on
cotton yarn. I like the effect much better than the original because
now they can drape instead of hanging stiffly on the ribbon with no
give. Heck, if they were smaller and nor made of paper, it could be a
pretty little girl (or big girl) necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment